Tue, 20 Sept|
Story Team workshop.
Would you like to work in the animation industry? This immersive workshop is ideal for 6-8 students (age 15+) to join our Story Team, helping to write a story for a TV commercial against a fast-approaching deadline.
Time & Location
20 Sept 2022, 10:00 – 13:00
Hastings Library, Brassey Institute, 13 Claremont, Hastings TN34 1HE, UK
About The Event
Would you like to work in the animation industry?
- The UK animation industry is known around the world for creative excellence.
- Brands from all over the world commission animation studios to make all kinds of content, from simple motion graphic explainer films to title sequences, TV commercials and VR.
- The UK animation industry is seen as a place where creativity thrives.
This immersive workshop is ideal for 6-8 students (age 15+) to join Ryan Smith, a creative executive producer with fifteen years experience producing animation with studios across Europe, the UK and the United States.
On Tuesday 20th September between 10am and 1pm at Hastings Central Library you’ll be part of Ryan’s production company, specifically a member of the Story Team working to a fast-approaching pitch deadline. The Story Team will be focussing on helping our director write a story for a 30-60 second TV commercial.
As a small group our goal is to create **a beat script** and a **storyboard**.
- We'll adhere to the client's 'Bid Deck'. These are instructions sent to help us create our pitch.
- We'll collaborate with our Director, helping them to win the job!
- You'll get a sense of how the Story Team is just a small section of a wider orchestra, and that the director is our fearless conductor!
- You'll experience how creative the writing process should be. Ideas are just the building blocks to even better ideas. Most of our work will end up on the cutting room floor... and you'll see how that's a good thing!
The results will be presented at the Hastings Book Festival Closing Celebration at the Kino Teatr, Norman Road, St Leonards on Sea on Sunday 25th September 2022.
How to apply
Details on how to apply will be posted soon.