Thu, 22 Sept|
Meet the Agent: Tom Drake-Lee and Hannah Sheppard
We offer one-to-one sessions with brilliant agents and are thrilled to offer two agents across two days this year. Tom Drake-Lee and Hannah Sheppard are literary agents with the DHH Literary Agency. This page is for Tom's sessions on 22nd September. For Hannah on 17th September see link below.
Time & Location
22 Sept 2022, 13:30 – 16:10
Clifton Centre, 1 Stainsby St, St Leonards, Saint Leonards-on-sea TN37 6LA, UK
About The Event
Getting personal feedback from a literary agent is gold dust to writers. They receive too many submissions to respond in a meaningful way. That’s why each year we offer one-to-one sessions with brilliant agents.
Tickets cost £30, which can be purchased on this page.
[ For Hannah Sheppard on 17th September >click here< ]
We are able to offer one bursary slot and would ask that if you’re interested to please email firstname.lastname@example.org details as to why you are applying by 10pm on Friday 19th August. We will review applicants and make a decision by 26th August.
HOW IT WORKS
- Once your place is secured, either through purchasing a ticket or via our bursary scheme, we will send you details about where to send your submission.
- This submission should be the first three chapters of your work, along with a brief (1-2 pages) synopsis and received by 5pm on 09 September.
- Please note that late submissions may not be accepted by the agent.
- On the day you will have up to 20 minutes with the agent, where feedback on your work will be discussed, along with advice offered on how to move to the next level in your journey as a writer.
- ** By purchasing a ticket you are confirming your availability for a 20-minute slot between 1:30p - 4:10p on 17th September, 2022. Exact time slots will be emailed to you. On the registration page you'll have an opportunity to let us know your timing preferences (if any).
ABOUT THE AGENT
Tom Drake-Lee is an Associate Literary Agent for DHH which he joined in summer 2021 and he is currently building a fiction and non-fiction client list. Tom has worked in bookselling and publishing for over three decades and was the sales director of Vintage for over twelve years where he worked closely with a number of prize-winning authors. He also works as a writing coach and was one of the judges on this year’s CWA Gold Dagger.
Meet with Tom Drake-Lee
+£0.75 service fee
a 20-minute one-on-one session with literary agent Tom Drake-Lee
+£0.75 service fee